Posted in the dubai_expats yahoo group by Bilal in response to a query:
After application for new work visa:
1) 2 weeks - required for labour approval from application date
2) After paying the bank guarantee, labour fee and other fees you can get the Visa from DNRD within 2 days after labour approval.
3) After getting work visa from DNRD, go for status change if the person in emirates on visit visa- will not take more than one hour or day.
4) Go for "Medical" (test) after status change and one can get the report in 3 days easily.
5) After getting the "Medical" (test) done, you can go for visa stamping - will require only one day.
6) Along with visa stamping, you apply in post for Labour Card and Labour agreement - will require only one day if the salary is above 4k and if below then u need to wait till 14 working days to get this in post from labour department.
Note: Above listing is only for Dubai work visa processing.
Should you have any further query write to me directly (Bilal).